Open Call |Two open positions in the Bioprocesses Engineering group, at IIM-CSIC (Vigo)
1. Researcher on multiscale mechanistic modelling of bacteria dynamics under antimicrobial effect.
- We need: BSc in Mathematics, Engineering, Physics or similar interested in pursuing a PhD.
- We offer: 6 months contract (gross salary approx. 2000 €/month in 14 payments) with possibility of extension to 3 years if the candidate wants to finally pursue the PhD thesis.
- Knowledge on simulating and understanding ordinary and partial differential equations.
- Good oral and writing English skills
- We also value
- Knowledge on Matlab, parallel computing, microbiology, mathematical modelling, statistics, optimization, parameter estimation or control theory.
- BSc grades above 7.
2. Research assistant to develop user-friendly web-based platforms aimed to simulate dynamic models
- We need: BSc graduate or any Higher Level Training Cycle with expertise on implementing web-pages and programming skills in different languages (C++, python, R,…)
- We offer: A minimum of 9 months contract with salary to negotiate depending on the candidate’s expertise
- We also value knowledge on: Matlab (original language of the models to integrate in the platform), Oral and writing English skills, differential equations.
Questions and applications must be sent before 3rd of March to Míriam Rodríguez García at Miriamr@iim.csic.es
– Webpage of the project’s principal investigator http://resistance.iim.csic.es/mrgarcia
– The candidates will work extending previous work developed on the projects RESISTANCE (DPI2014-54085-JIN, http://resistance.iim.csic.es/Resistance) and ControlAR (RTI2018-093560-J-I00 http://resistance.iim.csic.es/)
Closed call | Juan de la Cierva 2020 | Post-doc Contracts Call
The Institute of Marine Research (IIM-CSIC) offers 8 Research Topics (check webpage) to apply with us for post-doctoral contracts within the Spanish Research Agency’s Financial Aid programme Juan de la Cierva (JdC) 2020. There are 2 types of contracts you can apply to depending on your PhD experience:
- The Juan de la Cierva Training call for PhDs finished between 2019 and 2020. It offers two-year contracts for recent doctors to give them a first post-doctoral experience.
- The Juan de la Cierva Incorporation call for PhDs finished between 2016 and 2018. It offers three-year contracts to strengthen the research skills of young doctors at a Spanish research organisation.
Check the research topic summaries and contact the supervisor with your CV to start the application process by Sunday, 10th January 2021.
Beware that, once the candidate has contacted their potential supervisor and if selected, they will have to discuss, write & submit a final application together to the Spanish Research Agency. We advise you to contact your potential supervisor as soon as possible.
Check the webpage for this Call for more details.
Closed call | FPU 2020 | PhD Research Topics for Pre-doc contracts
The Institute of Marine Research offers 13 Research Topics to apply with us for a PhD contract within the Spanish Ministry of Universities financial aid programme for pre-doctoral contracts (FPUs).
These contracts are awarded to graduates already enrolled in a PhD program or finishing an official MSc degree which granted access to a doctoral program. The aid covers the contract of a graduate for up to 4 years. Check the flyer with the highlights of our research topics and the detailed information, to apply with us.
Closed Call | JAE Intro ICUs 2020 Fellowships for Master’s students
The Institute of Marine Research offers 6 paid-for training fellowship programmes (800€/month) aimed at masters students who want to complete their master’s dissertation with us. The length of the fellowship will be up to 6 months and it’s framed within the JAE Intro ICUs 2020 Call, coordinated by the Spanish National Research Council (CSIC).
The call will be open from the 1st September 2020 until the 30th October 2020.
The interested candidate will be able to apply by sending the following documents to firstname.lastname@example.org. All documents must be sent binded in a sole PDF document.
- A cover letter (max. 1 page)
- A CV (max. 4 pages) including:
- Personal details of the candidate such as name, contact, date and place of birth, nationality, etc,
- descriptions of the candidate’s education and work experience,
- language proficiency,
- and your grade point average (GPA) for each diploma that you have earned or are currently studying towards, in the units used by your institution and including a conversion to a 0 to 10.00 scale.
The GPA calculation must exclude the thesis grades achieved.
More details on the different training fellowship programmes are available at the Call’s bespoke webpage & here. Please, do not hesitate to contact the PIs to obtain further information about each thesis theme.
Closed Call | Expressions of Interest – MSCA-IF 2020
The Institute of Marine Research opens a Call for Expressions of Interest to apply for funding through the Marie Skłodowska-Curie Actions – Individual Fellowships 2020 programme.
This year, the Institute presents 11 opportunities to boost the candidates’ research careers in ocean science & aquaculture in one of the main Spanish institutions on this field.
The Institute of Marine Research’s Call will be open until Fri, 5th June, at 5pm (UTC +2).
Closed Call – JAE Intro ICUs 2019 #IIM-2019-3A
The Institute of Marine Research offers 7 Master thesis grants to promote scholarly research in marine sciences by students already enrolled in a Master programme at any European University.
Each fellowship will be funded with a monthly stipend of 800€ up to a total of 4,800 € (6 months).
These scholarships are focused to master students interested in starting a research career, making possible the realization of a period of fellowship in one of the research groups that develop their work in the Institute of Marine Research (IIM) of the Spanish National Research council (CSIC), according to specific thesis topics.
Job Offer #IIM-2019-2 (Ended)
Looking for: experienced candidates in Mass Spectrometry to qualify for a Predoctoral Research Training Contract. Requirements: Graduated in chemistry, biochemistry, pharmacy or equivalent, who have ended their studies after 1st January 2016. Interested: Send Curriculum Vitae and academic record to Isabel Medina
Job Offer #IIM-2019-1 (Ended)
The Institute of Marine Research offers two PhD opportiunities as part of the Marie Sklodowska-Curie Innovative Training Network “SEACHANGES: Thresholds in Human Exploitation of Marine Vertebrates. Click in the following links for further information: Deadline: June 30th